Dakota territory sentence example
- That part which lies east of the mountains was included in the Louisiana Purchase of 1803 and became successively a part of Missouri Territory in 1812, of Nebraska Territory in 1854, of Dakota Territory in 1861 and of Idaho Territory in 1863; that which lies west of the mountains became successively a part of Oregon Territory in 1848, of Washington Territory in 1853 and of Idaho Territory in 1863.
- In 1870 the population of that portion of Dakota Territory included within the present limits of North Dakota was 2405; in 2880, 36,909.
- The state debt, excluding the amount of Territorial indebtedness assumed when Dakota Territory was divided, may not exceed $200,000.
- The boundary between Dakota Territory and Nebraska was slightly altered in 1870 and 1882.
- Census Records The first federal census Records The first federal census for North Dakota was 1870, as the Dakota Territory.Advertisement