Dactylic sentence example
- The metre used by Theocritus in the Bucolics and Mimes, as well as in the Epics, is the dactylic hexameter.
- dactylic rhythm is given out in double values.
- dactylic hexameter for What on Earth features?
- dactylic meter is here almost always replaced by the iambic meter natural and fundamental to English.
- Notes: 1. Epodic meter, a dactylic hexameter followed by an iambic dimeter.Advertisement
- Though written in a metre deemed foreign to English ears, the poem immediately attained a wide popularity, which it has never lost, and secured to the dactylic hexameter a recognized place among English metres.
- Should we revive dactylic hexameter for What on Earth features?