Dactyl sentence example
- Quite distinct was the Idaean Hercules, a Cretan Dactyl connected with the cult of Rhea or Cybele.
- According to another, the festival was founded by Heracles, either the well-known hero or the Idaean Dactyl of that name.
- v, this being done for special emphasis, and P (=pessimae), where a dactyl is so used, e.g.
- The rule is that, if there is a pause at the end of the fourth foot, this foot must be a dactyl.
- Rising, he executes a dactyl (Adapted from Zarrilli 1995: 96 ).Advertisement
- Admitted soon after into the counting-house of a friend of his family, he "turned his stool into a Pegasus on three legs, every foot, of course, being a dactyl or a spondee"; but the uncongenial profession affected his health, which was never strong, and he was transferred to the care of his father's relations at Dundee.