Dace sentence example
- These include the giant stickleback, the speckled dace, the white sturgeon and the green sturgeon.
- The first is on what are described as free risers which include dace, rudd and chub.
- However in catching 6 dace with a combined weight of 5lb 4oz I hope he excused me my excitement!
- In America the name of dace is also applied to members of other genera of the family; the "horned dace" (Semnotilus atromaculatus) is a well-known variety.
- A small stickleback kept in an aquarium devoured, in five hours' time, 74 newly-hatched dace, which were about a quarter of an inch long.Advertisement
- Not only do they catch barbel but also perch, big dace and roach to over a pound.
- I started catching small dace and roach straightaway by fishing about 10 inches overdepth.
- How to catch dace, tips on Irish loughs or Caribbean bone fishing seemed to abound.
- Even when the mornings are still frosty in early March, dace will be found massing in the deeper water before shallow gravel riffles.
- Fish are abundant, especially coarse fish such as pike, perch, roach, dace and barbel.Advertisement
- Many of the lakes and rivers have been stocked with trout and salmon or bass; some, with smelt; the fresh waters of the state also contain pickerel, perch, pouts, eels, suckers, dace, sunfish and shiners.
- For descriptions of other Cyprinids than the carp, see Goldfish, Barbel, Gudgeon, Rudd, Roach, Chub, Dace, Minnow, Tench, Bream, Bleak, Bitterling, Mahseer.
- The dace is a lively, active fish, of gregarious habits, and exceedingly prolific, depositing its eggs in May and June at the roots of aquatic plants or in the gravelly beds of the streams it frequents.