Cwm sentence example
- We traverse around the base of the north west ridge into a glaciated cwm.
- His body is said, on doubtful authority, to have been buried honourably by the monks of Abbey Cwm Hir, near Rhayader.
- Cathodoluminescence micrograph of zoned calcite cement in thin section, Pwll y Cwm Oolite, Lower Carboniferous, Baltic Quarry, South Wales.
- There should be a steep cwm below and just off to your north, if so you are at point 30.
- From Camp 1 the route enters the western cwm which is a relatively flat glacial valley.Advertisement
- We came out through Cwm Dwr which had some beautiful pristine white flowstone that nobody remembered seeing before.
- On the mainland a torrent of water descending the mountainside above Cwm Idwal was seen from here.
- It was with the expectation that he might, with local aid, seize the castle, that Llewellyn invaded this district in December 1282, when he was surprised and killed by Stephen de Frankton in a ravine called Cwm Llewellyn on the left bank of the Irfon, 22 m.
- Drws (the door of) Ardudwy, Rhinog fawr and Rhinog fach (cliffs); an exception is the verdant Cwm bychan (little combe or hollow).
- Here also Owen Glendower unfurled the banner of Welsh independence; from here, in 1401, he harassed the country, sacking Montgomery, burningWelshpool, and destroying Cwm Hir (long "combe," or valley) abbey, of which some columns are said to be now in Llanidloes old church..Advertisement