Curtly sentence example
- "Nothing," she said curtly, her back to him.
- "Come on," Josh said curtly to Carmen, and led her to the table with a stride she couldn't hope to match.
- He nodded curtly at the guard and closed the door, not hearing her approach.
- He nodded curtly, as if expecting the response.
- The governor of Arkansas curtly refused its quota.Advertisement
- Italy Prussian attempted to negotiate with Austria for the purchase of ~ Venetia; but the offer was curtly refused by the emperor Francis Joseph, and the counter-proposal of a commercial rapprochement was forestalled by Prussia, which with the aid of most of the lesser states, angered by the betrayal of their interests by Austria at Gastein, arranged a commercial treaty between Italy and the Zoilverein, an act which involved the recognition of the Italian kingdom.
- On the 10th of May she wrote curtly that the course proposed by Sir Robert Peel was contrary to usage and repugnant to her feelings; the Tory leader then had to inform the House of Commons that, having failed to obtain the proof which he desired of her majesty's confidence, it was impossible for him to accept office.
- Chile replied by curtly demanding the annulment of the secret treaty and an assurance of Peruvian neutrality.
- "Close," he said curtly.
- At a later date, on receiving an inquiry from the Free State as to the movements of British troops, Mr Schreiner curtly refused any information, and referred the Free State to the high commissioner.Advertisement
- "Yeah. Well, I guess we can cross that bridge when we come to it," he answered curtly.
- "We are," Alex answered curtly.
- If I'm not, you'll know, she replied curtly.
- At this parliament, which lasted but a few days, he again made a personal appeal to Charles, which was curtly rejected, to permit the legitimizing of Monmouth.
- "Whatever," she said curtly.Advertisement