Cur sentence example
- The dioceses are divided into parishes each under a parish priest known as a cur or desservant (incumbent).
- The last design they were at work upon represented the Moulin joli, the house of Marguerite, with the device Cur valle permutem Sabina divitias operosiores?
- The Christological theory of satisfaction expounded in the Cur Deus Homo falls beyond the scope of the present article.
- Finally, in his greatest work, Cur Deus homo, he undertakes to make plain, even to infidels, the rational necessity of the Christian mystery of the atonement.
- The only chore left is to put down this bothersome cur that has so dogged me these many months.Advertisement
- This had allowed the soil to dry out causing the settlement to oc- cur.
- The Cur deus homo, in which he develops views of atonement and satisfaction which are still held by orthodox theologians.
- Legend: (cur) = difference with current version, (last) = difference with preceding version, M = minor edit.
- The weir is opened by joining the needles of each bay by a chain passed through the eyes at the top and a line of wire through the central rings, so that when released at the top by the tilting of the escape bar by the derrick, they float down as a raft, and are caught by a man in a boat, or, when the cur rent is strong, they are 'mopes ?o drawn to the bank by a rope attached to them previously to their release.
- He withdrew from Rome, and spent some time at the little village of Schiavi, where he finished his treatise on the atonement, Cur Deus homo, and then retired to Lyons.Advertisement
- Why, no, you ruinous butt; you whoreson indistinguishable cur, no.
- An important contribution to doctrine is contained in the Cur Deus Homo of Anselm of Canterbury.
- If you prefer to look more like Bruce Springsteen pair your jeans with a white t-shirt with the sleeves cur off, black boots, and a bandanna around your head.