Cumulus sentence example
- But there were well-developed cumulus cloud to be seen associated with troughs in Liverpool Bay (sferics seen later) and over Snowdonia.
- Some passing fair-weather cumulus over Anglesey gave way to almost clear skies during the afternoon.
- Over the hills towering cumulus started to shoot up in rows.
- Strong daytime sea breezes produce fair weather cumulus clouds on the immediate coastline.
- Later in the afternoon into the evening the sky cleared over most of the island leaving towering cumulus over the mainland mountains.Advertisement
- Intense devils may eventually be topped by a small cumulus.
- But, with nothing save the odd patch of fluffy white cumulus in the sky, I wasn't worried about the weather turning.
- Here are two of the anvils with a bank of lower cumulus in the foreground.
- In summer, the growth of increasingly large cumulus often heralds the arrival of the front.
- During the morning cumulus activity diminished but cloud remained to the SW with veils of high cirrus.Advertisement
- The weights in the dish must not be esteemed accurate while there is either a cumulus or a cavity in the water round the stem."
- The afternoon was sunny for a while but cumulus clouds were towering over the mountains.
- If I have no autopilot, do I want to spend 2 hours stuck in bumpy Cumulus?
- Female Common Darter It was humid under scattered cumulus early on the 2nd but by mid-morning there was a welcome, freshening southerly breeze.
- The huge schools of the jellyfish follow the sun around the lake, moving like cumulus clouds across a sky.Advertisement
- At noon there were many fair weather cumulus over Anglesey but cloud development to the N and S continued.
- In the afternoon cumulus clouds were well-developed and showers heavier.