Culturing sentence example
- Since the bacterium disintegrates the cell wall of the red blood cell, it cannot be detected by culturing a blood sample.
- Back cover Go to article Tissue engineering involves culturing, growing and assembling cells and newly generated matrix in polymeric scaffolds.
- A sample may also be sent to a lab for traditional culturing, which takes from one to two days, because this form of testing is more accurate than the rapid strep test.
- A diagnosis of CMV is usually confirmed by culturing the virus in a sample of the infant's urine.
- Infections caused by lack of immunizations can either be detected by conducting physical examination and culturing the specific microorganism in the laboratory.Advertisement
- It is also used to collect specimens for biopsy or culturing, and to remove airway obstructions.
- The infection may be confirmed by culturing the scalp for fungal organisms.
- A throat culture is performed by wiping a cotton swab across the tonsils and back of the throat and sending the swab to a laboratory for culturing.
- Identification of the specific type of bacteria may require culturing the sputum, a microbiological technique that identifies disease-causing bacterial organisms in infected material.