Cru sentence example
- It is the premier grand cru of English gardens, owned by the same family, the bankers Hoare, from 1715 to 1947.
- He showed that an imaginary spheroidal shell, concentric with the earth and cutting the slope between the elevated and depressed areas at the contour-line of 1700 fathoms, would not only leave above it a volume of the crust equal to the volume of the hollow left below it, but would also divide the surface of the earth so that the area of the elevated region was equal to that of the depressed region.6 A similar observation was made almost simultaneously by Romieux, 7 who further speculated on the equilibrium between the weight of the elevated land mass and that of the total Areas of waters of the ocean, and deduced some interesting relathe cru st tions between them.
- The Grand Cru appellation and vineyard yields distinctive wines believed to be some of the world's finest Chardonnays.
- The French government created the Corton-Charlemagne Grand Cru appellation under the appellation d'origine contrôlée (AOC) system in 1937.
- Grand Cru appellations are those with a reputation for producing high quality wines.Advertisement
- Grand Cru is Burgundy's premier wine quality designation.
- So for Burgundy, France that would be Grand Cru wines-highly sought after and as well as highly priced.
- Translated as "first growth", Premier Cru wines are one of the highest classed growth wine in France, second only to Premier Grand Cru.
- Premier Grand Cru means "first great growth", these wines are the highest classed growth wines in France.
- The land surrounding this village produces some of the finest Burgundy in the world at the Premier Cru and Grand Cru level.Advertisement
- The best red wines come from the Grand Cru in the Cote d'Or, where Claude Dugat is based.