Crowed sentence example
- A cock crowed far off and another replied near by.
- The donkey brayed, the hound barked, the cat mewed, and the rooster crowed.
- One nervous old woman touched the trivet and the cock crowed.
- But Jesus said that before the rooster crowed at the first morning light, Peter will have denied him three times.
- He was detected and accused of being a disciple, which he denied, and so fulfilled the prophecy of Jesus that he would deny Him before the cock crowed.Advertisement
- Christmas morning between 3am and dawn men gathered at churches to sing carols until the cockerel crowed.
- In the third circle, Naryshkin was speaking of the meeting of the Austrian Council of War at which Suvorov crowed like a cock in reply to the nonsense talked by the Austrian generals.
- Toward midnight the voices began to subside, a cock crowed, the full moon began to show from behind the lime trees, a fresh white dewy mist began to rise, and stillness reigned over the village and the house.