Crackdown sentence example
- Seven people have been arrested as part of a nationwide crackdown on the trafficking of women into a life of vise.
- Police are set to launch a major crackdown on speeding pedal cyclists.
- I wonder, a little disturbed, whether a brutal police crackdown on hustlers is responsible.
- He also has been linked to the bloody crackdown on Shiites in southern Iraq following a 1991 uprising following the Gulf War.
- To tackle the menace, ministers promised a crackdown on poor hygiene with hospitals ranked in a league table of cleanliness.Advertisement
- The Transport Secretary saw West Midlands police in action as they began the crackdown.
- The Bill will also crackdown on the menace of uninsured driving.
- The crackdown on cowboy traders and tightening the Trade Descriptions Act, for instance - are very welcome.
- It is quite untrue to claim that there has been any kind of a crackdown.
- In the years following the crackdown on striptease, some concessions were made to avoid trouble with the law.Advertisement
- Speeding motorists in the North East are facing a tough crackdown as part of a new campaign aimed at driving them off our roads.
- The council has announced a crackdown on anyone found to be dumping rubbish illegally Ã¢ a crime carrying a maximum fine of £ 50,000.
- Some English teachers working legally have, however, welcomed the crackdown, saying illegal workers are harming the profession.
- An IRS crackdown soon changed this view.