Covertly sentence example
- She covertly accepted the copied transcriptions of the young woman's notebook that Cynthia presented to her.
- As he maneuvered the truck through muddy ruts in the drive, she covertly studied his profile.
- The Amatola mountains were stormed; and the paramount chief Kreli, who all along covertly assisted the Gaikas, was severely punished.
- It was one thing to covertly admire Alex, but quite another to stand here discussing him as though he were high dollar merchandise at a low bid auction... and why was Katie so concerned?
- She eyed Giddon covertly.Advertisement
- In the Labyrinth (dedicated to Queen Elizabeth of England), a discussion of the freedom of the will, he covertly assailed the Calvinistic doctrine of predestination, and showed that his views were tinged with Socinianism.
- These patches can not be covertly removed and they will detect any drug that has been used while the patch was in place.
- Apparently, the observed talismanic activity is subtle sorcery and done covertly.