Covalent sentence example
- Silicon being a larger atom than carbon can form only a single covalent bond with an oxygen atom.
- The enzyme DNA polymerase joins the new nucleotides to each other by strong covalent bonds, forming the sugar-phosphate backbone.
- That allows the formation of covalent bonds between the two.
- Summary At room temperature, solid aluminum chloride has an ionic lattice with a lot of covalent character.
- Radicals also come together forming covalent bond in Termination steps.Advertisement
- An OH - nucleophile forms a dative covalent bond with one of the hydrogen atoms.
- A large unknown area in pectin chemistry concerns the possible presence in vivo of covalent cross-links between pectic molecules.
- The cyanide ion comes from hydrogen cyanide ion comes from hydrogen cyanide, which is a covalent molecule.
- The cyanide ion comes from hydrogen cyanide, which is a covalent molecule.
- Moreover, a covalent bond between two highly electronegative elements will clearly be strong.Advertisement
- The material may also have a fully ionic structure, or the mobile ions may be in a covalent host structure.
- The lone pairs on the halogen atom interact with the delocalized Pi system, which strengthens the C-X covalent bond.
- The type of atomic radius being measured here is called the metallic radius or the covalent radius depending on the bonding.
- The ideal covalent bond where the valence electrons are shared equally is between identical atoms.