Countrywoman sentence example
- Nevertheless veils were not usually worn out of doors, the countrywoman of to-day is not veiled, and it is uncertain whether there is any early parallel for the yashmak, the narrow strip which covers the face below the eyes and hangs down to the feet.
- Much more fortunate was Gustavus's second marriage, a year after the death of his first consort, with his own countrywoman, Margaret Lejonhufvud, who bore him five sons and five daughters, of whom three sons, John, Magnus and Charles, and one daughter, Cecilia, survived their childhood.
- He is said to have been one of the numerous lovers of his fascinating countrywoman, Margaret Woffington.
- Seven British children even study in the local school, and a fellow countrywoman of theirs teaches Bulgarians English there.
- She had better do the old countrywoman: the Cottager's wife; you had, indeed, Julia.Advertisement