Counterweight sentence example
- The stage right wall now has 55 single purchase counterweight sets and the winch gallery stage left has 12 electric winches with pendant controls.
- In the latter case the overturning tendency begins as soon as the load leaves the ground, but ceases as soon as the load again touches the ground and thus relieves the crane of the extra weight, whereas overturning backwards is caused either by the reaction of a chain breaking or by excessive counterweight.
- Do we want to create a counterweight or do we want strategic cooperation?
- People power has effectively become a counterweight to corporate power.
- This is an important counterweight to some unjustified perceptions that the whole system is failing to function.Advertisement
- Might the speed of the jet be a useful counterweight to the luxury of the liner?
- He thought that British support for Germany was a necessary counterweight against a growing and potentially excessive French influence in Europe.
- To many, Saddam was the best of a bad lot, the only secular counterweight to the Islamists.
- How can the rights of the individual be protected and therewith a democratic counterweight to the power of bureaucracy be assured?
- The evil child was supposed to provide a counterweight to the good influence of Jesus Christ on earth.Advertisement
- The sturdy USB cable has a moveable counterweight attached.
- Based on current evidence, says the Commission, regional wholesalers would appear unable to provide a sufficient competitive counterweight to such a duopoly.
- Turkey acts as a buffer against potential Russian expansionism, and as a counterweight to rogue states such as Iraq, Iran and Syria.
- The bascules rotate through an angle of 82Ã‚°, and their rear ends in the bascule chambers of the piers carry 365 tons of counterweight, the total weight of each being 1070 tons.
- This may be obtained by tilting the bed and allowing the patient's body to act as a counterweight.Advertisement
- The bascules rotate through an angle of 82°, and their rear ends in the bascule chambers of the piers carry 365 tons of counterweight, the total weight of each being 1070 tons.
- The Empire was the counterweight to the local tyrannies into which the local authorities established by the Empire itself, the feudal powers, judicial and military, necessary for the purposes of government, invariably tended to degenerate.
- The counterweight is a depressed cantilever arm 12 ft.