Counterrevolution sentence example
- How, in that case, is the imperceptible, " gradual, " bourgeois counterrevolution conceivable?
- The working class and the Communist Party were confronted not only by internal counterrevolution, but the intervention of 14 foreign armies.
- Such a course reduces the chances of violent counterrevolution to the barest minimum.
- So early as April 1819, at GÃƒ¶ttingen, he had fallen under the influence of Karl Ludwig von Haller's Handbuch der allgemeinen Staatenkunde (1808), a text-book of the counterRevolution.
- He soon, however, returned to Bulgaria, owing to the success of the counterrevolution led by Stamboloff, which overthrew the provisional government set up by the Russian party at Sofia.Advertisement
- The counterrevolution was chiefly the outcome of religious zeal played upon by the Mahommedan Union.
- But the counterrevolution had no organized strength behind it.
- A counterrevolution, planned in the royal palace at Belem and hence known as the Belemzada, was frustrated in November 1836; and in 1837 a Chartist insurrection was crushed after severe fighting.
- But the great mass of the people were horrified at the irreligious character of the new regime, and a counterrevolution, fomented by Pope Pius VII., the grand ducalists and the clergy, broke out at Arezzo.