Counterpoised sentence example
- 9), counterpoised by w over either half of the object-glass.
- The telescope is counterpoised by a weight attached to the opposite end of the declination axis.
- The telescope is attached to one end of the declination axis, and counterpoised by a weight at the other end, as in fig.
- (C) The declination axis is mounted on the prolongation of the upper pivot of the polar axis; the telescope is placed at one end of the declination axis and counterpoised by a weight at the other end.
- Thus the peace of Szatmar assured to the Hungarian nation all that it had won by former compacts with the Habsburgs; but whereas hitherto the Transylvanian principality had been the permanent guardian of all such compacts, and the authority of the reigning house had been counterpoised by the Turk, the effect and validity of the peace of Szatmar depended entirely upon the support it might derive from the nation itself.Advertisement