Countermanded sentence example
- But the celebration was at once countermanded when it was known that he had become earl of Chatham.
- On the intervention of Agrippa the order was countermanded, and the assassination of the emperor (41) effectually stopped the desecration.
- The Confederates were once more unsuccessful, and the losses were so heavy that the "fighting" policy ordered by the Confederate government was countermanded.
- in which his Majesties title to the Dominion of the Sea is asserted against the Novel and later Pretenders (1674), which is a preface to a projected history of the Dutch wars undertaken at the request of Charles II., but countermanded on the conclusion of peace; A Philosophical Discourse of Earth..
- Army command, whose initial requests were granted at once, the transference of two brigades to the Isonzo front being countermanded, and four additional brigades being placed at Brusati's disposal.Advertisement
- Eulalius having broken his ban, the emperor Honorius decided to recognize Boniface, and the council was countermanded.
- countermanded changes proposed by Northern Clubs.
- Sinclair also said that about the Spectrum but immediately countermanded the idea by producing a range of games programs.
- The count was not angry even when they told him that Natasha had countermanded an order of his, and the servants now came to her to ask whether a cart was sufficiently loaded, and whether it might be corded up.