Counterattack sentence example
- Within two weeks the fierce german counterattack had recovered all of the lost ground.
- Even for a force oriented counterattack, use an objective to orient the counterattacking force.
- Sir John Henderson leads a counterattack from within the town that drives Major-General Ballard's forces away.
- Later during the day the Iraqis mounted a counterattack throwing the US forces back by 1.5-2 kilometers.
- Henriquez's attack on the Bainsizza plateau, although it met with some initial success, was readily repulsed, and Badoglio's troops captured several hundred prisoners in a strong counterattack.Advertisement
- Then began the Russian counterattack that caused Austrian-Hungarian forces to withdraw.
- Of course, defence easily passes into counterattack, as when early apologists denounce Greek and Roman religion.
- In that case the dragoons could successfully make a flank counterattack.
- The Motienling pass, however, had been seized without difficulty, and Keller's power of counterattack had been reduced to nothing by the despatch of most of his forces to the concentration at Tashichiao.