Counteracts sentence example
- To eliminate the sluggish action of the selenium transmitter a selenium cell similar to that at the transmitting station is arranged at the receiving apparatus, and exposed to precisely similar variations of light, the arrangement being such that the lag of this cell counteracts the lag of the transmitting cell.
- For many years Godwin had been "satisfied that monarchy was a species of government unavoidably corrupt," and from desiring a government of the simplest construction, he gradually came to consider that "government by its very nature counteracts the improvement of original mind."
- But reason finds much in the world recognizing no kindred with her, and so turning to practical activity seeks in the world the realization of her own aims. Either in a crude way she pursues her own pleasure, and finds that necessity counteracts her cravings; or she endeavours to find the world in harmony with the heart, and yet is unwilling to see fine aspirations crystallized by the act of realizing them.
- In specific germ diseases a similar antitoxin forms, and in cases which recover it counteracts the toxin, while the germs are destroyed by the tissues.
- Supplementing with glutamine spares free glutamine in muscle tissue, counteracts the fall in muscle protein synthesis, and improves nitrogen balance.Advertisement
- L-theanine causes a relaxation response that counteracts the naturally occurring caffeine in tea, which is what led herbal companies to begin to distill it from the tea.
- Orange Palms Preventer counteracts the leftover DHA on your palms after you're done tanning and prevents the muddy-palm look that most often gives away a sunless tan.
- A truss rod is a steel rod that runs the length of the neck and counteracts the tension the strings place on the neck.
- Sometimes drugs or radiation needed to destroy cancer cells also destroys bone marrow and only replacement with healthy cells counteracts this adverse effect.
- People who are sensitive (about 10%) must be desensitized with diluted antitoxin, since as of 2004 the antitoxin is the only specific substance that counteracts diphtheria exotoxin.Advertisement
- Creating the opposite type of curve in the back, this pose counteracts the negative effects of bending over a computer, book, or other apparatus in front of you all day.
- Finally, aerobic exercise directly counteracts the mechanism that leads to type II diabetes.