Cosh sentence example
- The cartesian equation referred to the axis and directrix is y=c cosh (x/c) or y = Zc(e x / c +e x / c); other forms are s = c sinh (x/c) and y 2 =c 2 -1-s 2, being the arc measured from the vertex; the intrinsic equation is s = c tan The radius of curvature and normal are each equal to c sec t '.
- If A, B have the same sign, this is equivalent to au = cosh mO, (23) if the origin of 0 be suitably adjusted; hence r has a maximum value a, and the particle ultimately approaches the pole asymptotically by an infinite number of convolutions.
- Vale were happy to scramble away or concede another corner as they were under the cosh.
- They visited 28 nursing homes and examined the prescribing of what has been called the " chemical cosh " to 217 of the residents.
- The chemical cosh has been a problem for some years.Advertisement