Corrode sentence example
- Also eventually, hard water can corrode metal, including your water pipes.
- Brilliance Anti-Tarnish Finishes are designed not to corrode and to look like new for the life of the faucet.
- The reason behind this is that nickel does not corrode like lead.
- Silver tends to corrode when it comes in touch with the sulfur in your body.
- Once the potassium hydroxide reaches the metal terminals or connectors, it causes them to corrode producing a powder that is a greenish blue color.Advertisement
- The indices are machined directly into the bezel without the use of bezel inserts, which can corrode or come loose at deep depths.
- A struggle to be one-self in among the caustic soapy suds, which corrode and dilute.
- Aphides are provided with a mealy skin, which does not allow water to be attached to it, and thus insecticides for destroying them contain soft soap, which fixes the solution to the skin; paraffin is added to corrode the skin, and the up the breathing pores and so produces asphyxiation.
- Now in an acid-lined converter the slag is necessarily acid, because even an initially basic slag would immediately corrode away enough of the acid lining to make itself acid.
- The youth was resentful of what he regarded as curmudgeonly treatment, a bitterness became ingrained and began to corrode his whole nature; and although lie came in time to grasp the real state of the case he never mentioned his uncle with kindness or regard.Advertisement
- A first-class chemical balance would be made in this manner, but in all places where there are acids and gases the knife-edges and bearings must be made of agate, as the fumes attack and corrode steel.