Cornfield sentence example
- Some built little houses of the tufts in the plowed ground, or plaited baskets from the straw in the cornfield.
- A flock of crows has found something newsworthy in the cornfield across the river.
- Cornfield MAiZE manager Dorathy Black Law (also the daughter of the farm owner) sat down with LoveToKnow Movies for an exclusive interview about the New Moon corn maze.
- In 1817, while John was inspecting his cornfield, he shot at what he thought was a dog.
- Ariel as Ceres takes center stage, appearing to grow out of the earth itself and graced by the arrival of a passing cornfield.Advertisement
- The showy cornfield annuals are now a relative rarity in the wild due to ' advances ' in crop weed control.
- By taking a block of marble and carving a statue, or taking a handful of seed and growing a cornfield, you have combined your labor and know-how with something of little value and have created something of more value.
- I have made a satisfactory dinner, satisfactory on several accounts, simply off a dish of purslane (Portulaca oleracea) which I gathered in my cornfield, boiled and salted.
- What would we say to Borlaug if we met him in a cornfield and ended up discussing the world's problems over a beer somewhere?
- The head of her elder brother, the boy earl marshal, had been stricken off in the cornfield under the walls of York, but her younger brother's right to his father's dukedom was allowed by parliament in 1425.Advertisement
- Passing a cornfield the other day, close by a hat and coat on a stake, I recognized the owner of the farm.
- Viewed from rising ground, the landscape presents a pleasing variety of cornfield and forest, while the horizon is broken by the bell-towers of the numerous villages strung along the banks of the streams.