Corky sentence example
- The bark is thick, light grey, and corky.
- Hough's parents divorced when she was 10, and to protect her from the divorce proceedings, they sent her and her brother to London with dance coaches Corky and Shirley Ballas.
- Corky's is open for both lunch and dinner seven days a week, and dress is casual.
- The stem is Lsolid and corky, much more solid than the flesh of the cap, and perfectly smooth, never being furnished with the slightest trace of a ring.
- Both cuticularized and suberized membranes are insoluble in cuprammonia, and are colored yellow or brown in a soltition of chlor-iodide of zinc. It is probable that the corky or suberized cells do not contain any cellulose (Gilson, Wisselingh); whilst cuticularized cells are only modified in their outer layers, cellulose inner layers being still recognizable.Advertisement
- The leaf scar is protected by a corky change (suberization) in the walls of the exposed cells.
- Bast mats are now made chiefly in Russia, the bark being cut in long strips, when the liber is easily separable from the corky superficial layer.
- The corky layers which take so prominent a share in the formation of the bark are similarly modified and subserve the same purpose.
- The potato tuber consists mainly of a mass of cells filled with starch and encircled by a thin corky rind.