Contrapuntal sentence example
- We have seen (in the articles on Harmony and Music) how harmonic music originated in just this habit of regarding combinations of sound as mere sensations, and how for centuries the habit opposed itself to the intellectual principles of contrapuntal harmony.
- The last movement of the B major employs a contrapuntal semiquaver figuration with hints of elements from the previous two movements.
- The best features of their Masses are those that combine faithfulness to the Neapolitan forms with a contrapuntal richness such as no Neapo litan composer ever achieved.
- contrapuntal texture, but nos.
- contrapuntal writing has influenced composers ever since.Advertisement
- contrapuntal music.
- contrapuntal lines.
- contrapuntal skill.
- contrapuntal forms.
- A madrigal proper is usually very contrapuntal, with much use of imitation. this makes all the voices equally important.Advertisement
- But even contrapuntal music isn't the be-all and end-all of organ music.
- The organ may be a contrapuntal instrument par excellence, but, above all, it is a sustaining instrument.
- Accompaniment is contrapuntal, using 4 or 6 quaver patterns.