Continence sentence example

continence
  • Let people have married or be anyhow steeled in continence before they are admitted to baptism.
    6
    2
  • He and his co-signatories confessed that they had lived unchastely, but argued that priests could not be expected to do otherwise, seeing that God had not seen fit to give the gift of continence.
    1
    0
  • In 1830 he was rector of the university; and in his speech at the tricentenary of the Augsburg Confession in that year he charged the Catholic Church with regarding the virtues of the pagan world as brilliant vices, and giving the crown of perfection to poverty, continence and obedience.
    2
    1
  • A multidisciplinary approach will be taken in order to consider all aspects of urinary and bowel continence needs of clients.
    1
    0
  • Abdalmalik was born and educated in Islam, and distinguished himself in his youth by piety and continence.
    0
    0
    Advertisement
  • There should be an active program to promote continence which covers the full range of continence factors.
    0
    0
  • Causes of incontinence In older people a number of common physiological changes may affect the ability to maintain continence In older people a number of common physiological changes may affect the ability to maintain continence.
    0
    0
  • Wherever possible continence training and promotion should be undertaken to allow the child or young adult to achieve continence and independence.
    0
    0
  • Many people leave the condition to go untreated for far too long and jeopardize their chances of regaining continence.
    0
    0
  • Despite the important role played by the urethra in the maintenance of urinary continence, little is known about its function.
    0
    0
    Advertisement
  • Reay suggests that it embodied notions of cerebral lechery and the ideal of male continence that was characteristic of Munby's age and class.
    0
    0
  • Complete or near complete fecal continence was achieved in 77 %, with improvement in the other 23% .
    0
    0
  • Identification of individual patients was made by the district nurse liaison officer and referral made to the district continence adviser.
    0
    0
  • Talk to your GP, who can put you in touch with a specialist continence nurse.
    0
    0
  • You should be able to get these through a district nurse or nurse continence adviser.
    0
    0
    Advertisement
  • The objectives were: To re-establish community continence clinics.
    0
    0
  • There are also NHS continence Clinics throughout the UK.
    0
    0
  • The facility audit is intended to promote a review of policies and procedures for continence promotion in the ward, practice or residential/nursing home.
    0
    0
  • Case history Mr B was recently referred to the continence advisory service by his general practitioner, following recent radical prostatectomy.
    0
    0
  • All patients should have their continence audited at one year following a total prostatectomy.
    0
    0
    Advertisement
  • If the PFM, urinary sphincters or nerve supply are impaired a loss of continence may occur.
    0
    0
  • The other subjects are Marriage (yabaK aoyos), Continence, the Duties of Bishops, Presbyters, Deacons and Widows, Prophecy, the Soul, the Transmigration of the Soul and the Devil, Angels, the Origin of the World, First Principles and the Divinity of the Logos, Allegorical Interpretations of Statements made with regard to God's anger and similar affections, the Unity of the Church, and the Resurrection.
    0
    0
  • He ventured to teach that he who is a true servant of God need fear no papal curse, that the Roman hierarchy is corrupt, and that marriage is permissible to the clergy, of whom only some have the gift of continence.
    0
    0
  • 4 Lastly, such partial attempts as we have already described to enforce upon the clergy a special rule of continence, by their very failure, suggested more heroic measures.
    1
    1
  • It was on the question of continence in, if not renunciation of, marriage, that he came into conflict with the authorities.
    1
    1
    Advertisement
  • Of the smaller compositions the most interesting is the Vairagya Sandipani, or "Kindling of continence," a poem describing the nature and greatness of a holy man, and the true peace to which he attains.
    1
    1