Consumptive sentence example
- Its sheltered situation and desirable winter climate began to attract notice about 1840; in 1855 a national sanatorium for consumptive patients was erected by subscription; a pier was opened in 1861, and in 1870 railway communication was afforded.
- Hampstead has numerous charitable institutions, amongst which are the North London consumptive hospital, the Orphan Working School, Haverstock Hill (1758), the general hospital and the north-western fever hospital.
- Owing to the mildness of its climate the winter town is a resort for consumptive patients.
- It is the best planned and cleanest town in the empire, and this combined with the climate, which is very equable, makes it a health resort, especially for consumptive patients.
- His young and beautiful wife was of a consumptive family, and died childless (July 24, 1837).Advertisement
- The town owes its prosperity to its beautiful situation in a fine valley surrounded by mountains, and possesses a tepid mineral spring, considered efficacious in cases of general debility and for scorbutic and consumptive complaints.
- Previously consumptive individuals were carefully excluded from contact with fresh air, and were advised to live in rooms almost hermetically sealed and kept at a high temperature.
- The town is built on a succession of terraces sloping towards the sea, and from its sheltered situation, equable temperature, and comparatively dry atmosphere is regarded as one of the best resorts in England for consumptive invalids.
- Chimkent is visited by consumptive patients who wish to try the koumiss cure.
- For asthmatic and consumptive troubles its restorative influence is indisputable.Advertisement
- consumptive lifestyle.
- consumptive starveling hold a true theory?
- consumptive coughs.
- consumptive culture feeds the sin of discontent.
- But can a consumptive starveling hold a true theory?Advertisement