Conquistador sentence example
- The Spanish conquistador and his descendants have not been a blessing to the basin of the Orinoco.
- The king ordered his conquistador to go to the smaller territory and conquer the land.
- After completing his last few missions, the conquistador was famed for the amount of gold he had.
- Puerto Rico's El Conquistador is serious about giving kids, as well as parents, an experience to remember.
- Darius was no more a conquistador than Augustus.Advertisement
- The Spanish conquistador CortÃ©s reported that it made the drinker happy and had a slightly narcotic effect.
- The image of Bond as the sexual conquistador belongs to the films.
- Another map did the Conquistador good service on his campaign against Honduras (Lorenzana, Historia de nueva Espana, Mexico, 1770; W.
- From the 9th to the 12th century Catalan spread farther and farther within the limits of Catalonia, properly so called; in 1229 it was brought to Majorca by Jaime el Conquistador, and in 1238 the same sovereign carried it to Valencia also.
- The conquistador Ordaz found that, at its mouth, it was called the Uriaparia, this being the name of the cacique of the tribe there.Advertisement
- (1555-1598) a much more important expedition was fitted out on the Mexican coast, under the direction of the distinguished conquistador, Miguel Lopez de Legaspi (1524-1572).
- Bernal Diaz, the old " conquistador," has described the hideous aspect of the idols which Cortes destroyed, " idols in the shape of hideous dragons as big as calves," idols half in the form of men, half of dogs, and serpents which were worshipped as divine.