Conning sentence example
- (von Spee says S.), and a heavy sea was running, hurling sheets of spray right over the conning towers; the sun was setting in the south-west.
- The disturbance of the compass by the magnetism of the hull is generally modified, sometimes favourably, more often un favourably, by the magnetized fittings of the ship, such as masts, conning towers, deck houses, engines and boilers.
- Godsal ordered everyone inside the conning tower.
- She was close to the eastern pier when a heavy shell burst close to the conning tower, which must have killed the commander for he was never seen again.
- I immediately ascended the conning tower and by this time the object was on our starboard beam.Advertisement
- conning tower, opposite side to the picture below.
- seaplane hangar abaft the conning tower.
- Shot is bang on the wreck, on the edge of the conning tower, opposite side to the picture below.
- All the others are conning people in my opinion with the most outrageous untruths.
- In late 1923, S-1 was modified by the addition of a steel seaplane hangar abaft the conning tower.Advertisement