Conidial sentence example
- Contrary to the behaviour of the non-lichen forming Ascomycetes the lichen-fungi show very few cases of ordinary conidial formation.
- In favour of the conidial view is the fact that in the case of Collema and a few other forms the spermatia have been made to germinate in artificial cultures, and in the case of Calicium parietinum Moller succeeded in producing a spermogonia bearing thallus from a spermatium.
- Similarly with the various types of conidial or oidial "fructifications," termed pycnidia, spermogonia, aecidia, &c. In the simplest of these cases - e.g.
- In other cases (Diplodia, Aecidium, &c.) conidial or oidial "fructifications" arise by a number of hyphae interweaving themselves into a knot, as if they were forming a sclerotium.
- The development of the "conidia" as true conidial spores or as zoosporangia may occur in one and the same species (Cystopus candidus, Phytophthora infestans) as in Pythium described above; in other cases the direct conidial germination is characteristic of genera - e.g.Advertisement
- On this basis, with other interesting morphological comparisons, Brefeld erected his hypothesis, now untenable, that the Ascomycetes and Basidiomycetes diverge from the Zygomycetes, the former having particularly specialized the ascus (sporangial) mode of reproduction, the latter having specialized the conidial (indehiscent one-spored sporangiole) mode.
- In addition to sporangia and the conidial spores referred to, some Mucorini show a peculiar mode of vegetative reproduction by means of gemmae or chlamydospores - i.e.
- conidial suspension of HAL 1755.
- conidial germination.
- conidial fungi.Advertisement
- conidial chains of a powdery mildew fungus covering the spots.
- conidial head ranged from 85 to 173 µm in width.
- conidial stage and teleomorph, the fungus was identified as Podosphaera phaseoli (syn.
- lucerne plants by root dipping into conidial suspensions.
- In culture, it produced a pinkish-white mycelium with black, slimy conidial masses protruding from the surface.Advertisement
- A conidial suspension of the fungus (1x 10 6 conidia per ml) was sprayed on young hazelnut and walnut twigs.