Confucianism sentence example
- Neither Taoism nor Confucianism, indeed, makes this claim.
- Confucianism is an ethical rather than a religious system, and hence was able to co-exist, though not on very friendly terms, with Buddhism, which reached China about the 1st century A.D.
- Confucianism is the official cult, and all officials offer sacrifices and homage at stated seasons in the Confucian temples.
- Where Chinese influence had full play it introduced Confucianism, a special style in art and the Chinese system of writing.
- With the relatively small Christian population and large Buddhist and Confucianism following, you may be wondering how Christmas started in China.Advertisement
- In 1881 he was chosen as Baird lecturer, and took for his subject "Natural Elements of Revealed Theology," and in 1882 he was the St Giles lecturer, his subject being "Confucianism."
- He revived the name Ch'ao-Hsien, changed the capital from Song-do to Seoul, organized an administrative system, which with some modifications continued till 1895, and exists partially still, carried out vigorous reforms, disestablished Buddhism, made merit in Chinese literary examinations the basis of appointment to office, made Confucianism the state religion, abolished human sacrifices and the burying of old men alive, and introduced that Confucian system of education, polity, and social order which has dominated Korea for five centuries.
- National Nomistic (nomothetic) Religious Communions (Taoism and Confucianism,Brahmanism, Jainism, Mazdeism, Mosaism and Judaism, the two last already passing into 2).
- The Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy offers all kinds of information about philosophers and their beliefs and well as specific disciplines, like Confucianism and Rationalism.
- There were two epochs in Japani study of the Chinese language first, the epoch when she received Confucianism through Korea; and, secondly, the epoch when sh began to study Buddhism direct from China.Advertisement
- His idealistic scheme of history, which makes religion the keynote of progress, and describes the function of each - Judaism to typify duty, Confucianism order, Mahommedanism justice, Buddhism patience, and Christianity love - does not account for the facts of the history enacted by the devotees.