Condemnatory sentence example
- Over the cross, which stood between two others, was the condemnatory inscription, " The King of the Jews."
- Pessimism, therefore, depends upon the individual point of view, and the term is frequently used merely in a condemnatory sense by hostile critics.
- The fifteen condemnatory clauses, prefacing the sentence at Geneva, set forth in detail that he was guilty of heresies, blasphemously expressed, against the foundation of the Christian religion.
- In 1858 he moved the famous resolution condemnatory of Lord Ellenborough's despatch to Lord :Canning on the affairs of Oude, which for a time seemed certain to overthrow the Derby government, but which ultimately dissolved into nothing.
- At least it is striking that the media reactions were so universally condemnatory.Advertisement