Concreted sentence example
- When hard ground is reached, a seat is formed for the cast iron tubbing, which is built up in the usual way and concreted at the back, a small quantity of caustic soda being sometimes used in mixing the concrete to prevent freezing.
- On this main line of defence some seven or eight permanent works had been disposed (it is difficult to define with accuracy, as some of the concreted works were little better than semi-permanent in character).
- This is done by scraping the capsule with a knife and transferring the concreted juice to a poppy-leaf held in the left hand, the edges of the leaf being turned in to avoid spilling the juice, and the knife-blade moistened with saliva by drawing it through the mouth after every alternate scraping to prevent the juice from adhering to it.
- The concreted turpentine obtained in the United States by making incisions in the trunk of a species of pine, Pinus australis, is also so designated.
- Survey has revealed the remains of the lower hull covered with concreted blocks of iron ballast bars.Advertisement
- The metal stake concreted into the ground on the flat area above the main buttress was removed by the National Trust in August 2000.