Compensations sentence example
- We find it also in the compensations to which they were entitled for various injuries, in the fines to which they were liable, and in the value attached to their oaths.
- Similar gradations occur in the compensations paid for various injuries and insults, in fines and, among some tribes, in the value attached to a man's oath.
- Of the 300 odd territorial sovereignties under the Holy Empire only 39 survived, and these were readjusted on the traditional principles of compensations, rectification of frontiers and balance of power.
- But Napoleon was himself little inclined to use the warlike tone of his people; and Bismarck found it easy to ~in him over to his views by explaining the temporary nature of the convention, and by dropping hints at the famous interview at Biarritz (September 30, 1865) of possible compensations to France in the event of a Prussian victory over Austria; the probability of a prolonged struggle in Germany between two powers apparently evenly matched, moreover, held out to the French emperor the prospect of his being able to intervene at the proper moment with overwhelming effect.
- For surrendered rights and privileges the sultan and his grandees received monetary compensations in the shape of annual subventions, and these also have been paid for the losses formerly incurred by the wilful destruction of the nutmeg plantations, carried out in order to enhance the value of this commodity and monopolize its cultivation.Advertisement
- In 1809 he published his great work, Des Compensations dans les destinees humaines (5th ed.
- In the Compensations he sought to prove that, on the whole, happiness and misery are equally balanced, and therefore that men should accept the government which is given them rather than risk the horrors of revolution.
- The price of food, already raised by the war, was still further increased by sueCore Laws cessive Corn Laws, and the artificial value thus given and to arable land led to the passing of Enclosure Bills, Enclosure under which the country people were deprived of their Acts, common rights with very inadequate compensations and life in the village communities was made more and more difficult.
- What about compensations, benefits, workman's comp insurance or health plans?
- If there is a future problem with the title, compensations for losses will be made to the purchaser or purchasers of the property.Advertisement