Common stock sentence example
- It arises from the fact that algae, as generally understood, do not constitute a homogeneous group, suggesting a descent from a common stock.
- The brown race, which came from the south in successive waves of immigration beginning in prehistoric times, is composed of twenty-three distinct tribes varying widely in culture, language and appearance; their languages however belong to one common stock and there is a general resemblance in physical features and in quality of mind.
- In virtue of the common-stock of opinion among the interlocutors and their potentially controlling audience, this process was more valuable than appears on the face of things.
- A number of followers, estimated by Prince at 500, but by his critics at one-fifth of the number, were got together, and it was given out by "Beloved" or "The Lamb" - the names by which the Agapemonites designated their leader - that his disciples must divest themselves of their possessions and throw them into the common stock.
- Myth and legend, fact and fiction, the common stock of oral tradition, have been handed down, and thus constitute one of the most valuable sources for popular Hebrew thought.Advertisement
- It is Hagen, too, who after the 2 This last fight with the shield seems to have belonged to the common stock of heroic story.
- Reverse split The reduction in a corporation's outstanding common stock.
- I make a Renaissance version by fitting a tenor drone in a common stock with the bass drone.
- The convertible preferred stock must be converted to common stock between April 15, 2006 and April 15, 2009.
- He was thus a "familiar spirit," akin to the "daemon" of Socrates; and if he was also half the devil of theology, half the kobold of old German myth, this was only because such "objectivations" are apt to clothe themselves in forms borrowed from the common stock of ideas current at the time when the seer lives; and Faust lived in an age obsessed with the fear of the devil, and by no means sceptical of the existence of kobolds.Advertisement
- They used that money to buy part of Coca Cola in the form of common stock.
- The Common Stock Index fund, more often referred to as the "C fund", is invested in Barclays Equity Index Fund.
- He urges that the similarities of some of the primitive races of India and Africa to the aborigines of Australia are indications that they were peopled from one common stock.
- Noteworthy coincidences in the lives of Abraham and Isaac, noticed above, point to the fluctuating state of traditions in the oral stage, or suggest that Abraham's life has been built up by borrowing from the common stock of popular lore.
- The boars cross well with common stock.Advertisement