Commemorations sentence example
- In the old Egyptian church order, known as the Canons of Hippolytus, there are numerous directions for the service of the agape, held on Sundays, saints' days or at commemorations of the dead.
- The first Christians continued to observe the Jewish festivals, though in a new spirit, as commemorations of events which those festivals had foreshadowed.
- The closing years of the 19th century were remarkable for the centenary commemorations of the older missionary societies.
- Considerable special funds have been raised in connexion with these commemorations.
- There is a superb opportunity in the 60th anniversary commemorations of WW2 between now and 2005.Advertisement
- Autumn 2003 marked the start of the 50th anniversary commemorations of Dylan Thomas ' untimely death.
- Eventually however, Christianity saw a broader incorporation of celebrations and commemorations regarding the new year, with many referring to this day as the Feast of Christ's Circumcision.