Colza sentence example
- A certain amount of linseed-oil is made in Lombardy, Sicily, Apulia and Calabria; colza in Piedmont, Lombardy, Venetia and Emilia; and castor-oil in Venetia and Sicily.
- There is a "summer" variety of colza which is sown in April and ripens its seed in the same year.
- The wild form Brassica campestris, the wild coleseed, colza or kohlsaat, of the fields of England and many parts of Europe, is sometimes cultivated on the European continent for its seed, which, however, is inferior in value to rape as an oil-yielding product.
- The oil is similar to that in the true colza seeds but the plants do not yield so much per acre as the latter: they are, however, hardier and more adapted for cultivation on poor sandy soils.
- Tobacco, hemp, hops, colza and chicory form special cultures.Advertisement
- Under the general name "rape oil" is included the produce of several plants having distinct and fairly constant characters, and one of these oils - colza (q.v.) - is a very wellknown commercial variety.
- Other crops are potatoes, colza, hemp and flax.
- The industries of Caen include timber-sawing, metal-founding and machine-construction, cloth-weaving, lace-making, the manufacture of leather and gloves, and of oil from the colza grown in the district, furniture and other wooden goods and chemical products.
- The chief cereal cultivated is wheat; oats, colza, flax and beetroot are also grown.