Columbarium sentence example
- Columbarium A building, sometimes at least partly underground, whose walls are full of niches for funerary urns.
- On the road to Assiut is a fine Roman columbarium or dove-cote.
- Colmar (probably the columbarium of the Romans) is first mentioned, as a royal villa, in a charter of Louis the Pious in 823, and it was here that Charles the Fat held a diet in 884.
- To a later period belongs a columbarium cut in the rock, with niches for urns.
- The cemetery offers three types of burials: ground, Columbarium inurnment, and interment of cremated ashes in an unmarked area.Advertisement
- Any honorably discharged veteran is eligible for internment in Arlington, most frequently in the columbarium.