Colonialism sentence example
- Then they demonized the " coloreds " to justify colonialism.
- Since the end of colonialism, those rules cannot be made imperial fiat.
- The spread of English around the world under British colonialism was a similar phenomenon.
- The story is set in Saigon during the 1950s, the last days of French colonialism in Vietnam.
- Vietnamese resistance to French colonialism marked the apogee of insurgent peasant nationalism in confrontation with the waning power of European empires.Advertisement
- Your opposition to the regime of Mugabe is the ultimate riposte to his fraudulent nonsense about fighting colonialism.
- Eric Williams, author of Capitalism and Slavery, argued that colonialism had fertilized every root and branch of industrial capitalism.
- Divide and conquer was 19th and early 20th century colonialism 's single most successful tactic of domination.
- I really enjoyed discussing themes like post colonialism which I had never thought about before.
- The Timorese struggle to be a free nation have gone on for many centuries against Portuguese colonialism and then against the militaristic Indonesian government.Advertisement
- None of them survived as landowners after the arrival of Spanish colonialism.
- The legacies of European colonialism still resonate throughout the developing world.
- It is a creation of Western colonialism and is governed by people with somewhat dubious legitimacy.
- We will return in more detail to the issue of objectivity and identity when we discuss colonialism.
- By the eve of World War II, most Islamic countries were prepared to overthrow colonialism and establish nation-states.Advertisement