Collider sentence example
- There are two main design proposals for the future linear collider.
- Nature of problem: The forthcoming experiments at the high energy electron-positron collider LEP2 will be mainly concerned with WW physics and Higgs search.
- In Europe, LEP, at CERN near Geneva, is the highest-energy electron-positron collider in the world.
- The high energy makes the Tevatron the only collider capable of directly producing and thereby measuring the properties of the massive top quark.
- The application of the phenomenology has been extended to experiments at the electron-proton collider HERA in Hamburg.Advertisement
- This research is done with the Tevatron collider at Fermilab near Chicago, using the CDF detector, together with Sinead Farrington.
- We have made the world's first measurement of exclusive c c production at a hadron collider.
- Many aspects of quantum chromodynamics are presently probed in particle collider experiments.
- The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) will be the most powerful instrument ever built to investigate fundamental physics.