Cold storage sentence example
- There are cold storage warehouses at various points in Canada, at which the eggs are collected, sorted and packed before shipment.
- The creameries are provided with special cold storage rooms, into which the butter is placed on the same day in which it is made.
- From them it is carried in refrigerator railway cars and in cold storage chambers on steamships to its ultimate destination.
- Through this branch of the public service a complete chain of cold-storage accommodation between various points in Canada and markets in Europe, particularly in Great Britain, has been arranged.
- The government offered a bonus to those owners of creameries who would provide cold-storage accommodation at them and keep the room in use for a period of three years.Advertisement
- The food-products from any shippers are received into these cars at the various railway stations at the usual rates, without extra charge for icing or cold-storage service.
- The government offered subventions to those who would provide cold-storage warehouses at various points where these were necessary, and also arranged with the owners of ocean steamships to provide cold-storage chambers on them by means of mechanical refrigerators.
- The policy of encouraging the provision of ample cold-storage accommodation has been developed still further by the Cold Storage Act of the Dominion parliament passed in 1907, under which subsidies are granted in part payment of the cost of erecting and equipping cold-storage warehouses in Canada for the preservation of perishable foodproducts.
- In the foundries and machine shops small engines, boiler§ and church bells are made, and the government maintains an ice and cold-storage plant.
- Owing to tariff restrictions, the United States' market is being more and more abandoned, and improvements in cold storage are making it possible to export to Great Britain increasing quantities of butter and cheese.Advertisement
- The wonderfully productive halibut fisheries of Hecate Strait, which separates these islands from the mainland and its adjacent islands, have attracted the attention of fishing companies, and great quantities of this fish are taken regularly and shipped across the continent in cold storage.
- There are also extensive lairages for live-stock, and cold storage for dead meat.
- Whaling retains a remnant of its old importance, and there are also mackerel and shore fisheries, oil-works, cold storage establishments for preserving fish for food and bait, and canning works for herring.
- Whether pipes in the rooms or air circulation give the best results is to some extent a matter of opinion, but at the present time the tendency is decidedly in favour of air circulation, at any rate for general cold storage purposes.
- It will join a few others in cold storage to await transportation to the show.Advertisement
- The website also includes guidelines for safely thawing frozen meat, meat cooking guidelines and a cold storage food chart.
- They will cost less and have a higher nutritional content than veggies that have been sitting in cold storage for several months.