Cointreau sentence example
- It is not quite as bitter as some true triple sec liqueurs, such as the ever-popular French drink Cointreau.
- Cointreau is on the opposite end of the scale from some cheaper triple sec liqueurs since it is more expensive, has about twice the alcohol volume, and is extremely bitter on its own.
- Impress your friends by imparting the 150-year history of Cointreau over drinks, and laugh at them when they pronounce it "coin-TRUE".
- There are variations of this cocktail that use white cranberry juice instead of red, or blue curacao or Cointreau instead of triple sec; however, the original beverage is still the most popular.
- For a stronger drink, try adding fruit-flavored liquors instead of triple sec, such as the fancier orange Cointreau or Chambord for raspberry flavor.Advertisement
- You can substitute a fancier orange liqueur, like Cointreau or Grand Marnier, but as with the rum, it's not necessary to buy a particularly expensive brand to make a tasty drink.
- Sour sweeteners encompass a range of mixers, such as fruit juices, grenadine syrups, simple syrups and citrus-infused spirits like triple sec and Cointreau.
- Gin is included in a variety of cocktails with orange juice and grenadine, including the Orange Blossom and classy Pink Flamingo made with vodka, sloe gin and Cointreau.