Cohering sentence example
- He shows elaborately how the pleasures and pains of " imagination, ambition, self-interest, sympathy, theopathy, and the moral sense " are developed out of the elementary pleasures and pains of sensation; by the coalescence into really complex but apparently single ideas of the " miniatures " or faint feelings which the repetition of sensations contemporaneously or in immediate succession tends to produce in cohering groups.
- The leaves are borne in whorls, those of each whorl cohering, except at their extreme tips, to form a sheath.
- He ascribed the reduction of resistance of the mass to a welding or cohering action taking place between the metallic particles, hence the name " coherer."
- Such sheet or wire then remains flexible after cooling, the originally only loosely cohering crystals having got intertwisted and forced into absolute contact with one another - an explanation supported by the fact that rolled zinc has a somewhat higher specific gravity (7.2) than the original ingot (6.9).
- The corolla has from five to nine petals, cohering at the base.Advertisement