Cogredient sentence example
- For this reason the umbrae -a 2, a l are said to be cogredient to 5 1 and x 2.
- We frequently meet with cogredient and contragedient quantities, and we have in general the following definitions:-(i) " If two equally numerous sets of quantities x, y, z,...
- Every symbolic product, involving several sets of cogredient variables, can be exhibited as a sum of terms, each of which is a polar multiplied by a product of powers of the determinant factors (xy), (xz), (yz),...
- (I.) Introduce now new umbrae dl, d 2 and recall that +d 2 -d 1 are cogredient with x, and x 2.
- The operation of taking the polar results in a symbolic product, and the repetition of the process in regard to new cogredient sets of variables results in symbolic forms. It is therefore an invariant process.Advertisement