Coe sentence example
- At Cedar Rapids are Coe College (co-educational; Presbyterian), which grew out of the Cedar Rapids Collegiate Institute (1851), was named in honour of Daniel Coe, a benefactor, and was chartered under its present name and opened in 1881; the Interstate Correspondence schools, and the Cedar Rapids business college.
- Pleasant; Penn College (Friends, 1873) at Oskaloosa; St Joseph's College (Roman Catholic, 1873) at Dubuque; Parsons College (Presbyterian, 1875) at Fairfield; Coe College (Presbyterian, 1881) at Cedar Rapids; Drake University (Disciples of Christ, 1881) at Des Moines; Palmer College (Disciples of Christ, 1889) at Legrand; Buena Vista College (Presbyterian, 1891) at Storm Lake; Charles City College (Methodist Episcopal, 1891) at Charles City; Morningside College (Methodist Episcopal, 1894) at Sioux City; Graceland College (Reorganized Church of Latter Day Saints, 1895) at Lamoni.
- The lastnamed are specially numerous on the tentacles and on some other regions of the body, and produce the well-known "thread cells," or nematocysts, so characteristic of the Coe lentera.
- The chief streams are the Coe and Laroch, flowing into Loch Leven, the Duror and Salachan flowing into Loch Linnhe, and the Iola and Creran flowing into Loch Creran.
- As a former champion athlete Lord Coe had especially wanted to meet SINI athletes during his visit.Advertisement
- The moderate steep climb up to valley to the top of Glen Coe goes through the most dramatic alpine scenery in Scotland.
- It then crosses the wild expanse of Rannoch Moor on the old drove road to Glen Coe.
- A scenic glen [or valley] has the same name, Glen Coe.
- An ice climbing tool called the pterodactyl was invented in Glen Coe.
- The true derivation is from the French coe, an old form of queue, a tail, from Lat.Advertisement
- I still get a lot of people asking me why isn't Lucy back on GH (Lucy Coe, General Hospital)?