Codling sentence example
- In a single season Aberdeenshire suffered nearly 90,000 worth of damage owing to the ravages of the diamond back moth on the root crops; in New York state the codling moth caused a loss of $3,000,000 to apple-growers.
- Haddock, whiting and codling are taken, and the famous "Loch Fyne herrings" command the highest price in the market.
- Beaches - some will produce codling and whiting but mainly catches of coalfish and bass, usually on the small side.
- In the winter months it will produce whiting and the odd codling.
- This is a superb summer mark that will give up good numbers of red codling to fresh peeler crab baits.Advertisement
- Most recently, reports suggest good numbers of small codling.
- Winter fishing is mainly for flounders, but in good years codling can show with bass all year round.
- In winter codling can be caught at high water near the steps at dusk.
- The orchard has many varieties of apple growing well, untroubled by the codling moth which is usually a major pest in this country.
- A codling moth trap, for example, uses a pheromone placed on a sticky floor.Advertisement
- The autumn and winter months produce whiting and codling.
- Among other notable Lepidopterous pests are the " surface larvae " or cutworms (Agrotis spp.), the caterpillars of various Noctuae; the codling moth (Carpocapsa pomonella), which causes the maggot in apples, has now become a universal pest, having spread from Europe to America and to most of the British Colonies.
- Good for codling and whiting in winter, mullet roam in the summer with the chance of a bass after dark.