Coconut-palm sentence example
- Owing to increased competition, and in some degree to careless harvesting, there was a great fall in prices after 1900, and the Seychellois, though still producing vanilla in large quantities, paid greater attention to the products of the coconut palm - copra, soap, coco-nut oil and coco-nuts - to the development of the mangrove bark industry, the collection of guano, the cultivation of rubber trees, the preparation of banana flour, the growing of sugar canes, and the distillation of rum and essential oils.
- Oddities include the cannonball tree, the sausage tree and the double coconut palm capable of producing a 50lb nut.
- Coconuts come from the coconut palm tree.
- This is thought to be the way that the coconut palm was introduced to many different countries and islands.
- The coconut palm tree is one of the most diverse trees in tropical regions and is the answer to the question, "Where do coconuts come from?"Advertisement
- Because the coconut palm is grown in many tropical areas, the origin of the coconut is not widely known, although most scientists feel it is native to the Malay Archipelago South Pacific region.
- The trunk of the coconut palm tree is often utilized for timber and the leaves for roof thatch.
- The coconut palm is grown from seeds, usually matured nuts that are placed approximately one-half of their thickness into soil.
- Many believe because the coconut palm tree is grown in tropical areas close to the salt of the oceans and seas that sea salt is required for its growth.
- Rainfall is important to the coconut palm and the tree thrives in areas where average rainfalls are forty to sixty inches.Advertisement
- While the coconut palm tree grows in tropical regions in the United States like Florida, they are judged more for their beauty, not for their commercial value.
- That's quite a multifaceted pedigree for the humble seed of the coconut palm.
- To get specific, the fruit of the coconut palm is actually a drupe, which is a kind of fruit that has a fleshy outer layer and develops from the inside wall of a flower, called the ovary.
- The coconut palm is native to Malaysia and Polynesia, but now grows in almost any hot climate or location.