Cockles sentence example
- The cockles are gathered by the simple process.
- The group of 16 Chinese men are believed to have been heading to Morecambe Bay to pick cockles.
- Using a teaspoon, remove the cockles from the shell and set aside.
- This increase was attributable to the deaths of 21 migrant workers who drowned while harvesting cockles at Morecambe Bay in February this year.
- My sense of place found a plate of large juicy sweet cockles on a bed of crisp green samphire before me.Advertisement
- But there's more to Margate than chips, cockles, ice-cream, doughnuts, Pina Colada and lobster vindaloo.
- Against some trippy visuals a solitary dancefloor warrior shakes himself through out whilst the venue's cockles begin to warm up.
- But there 's more to Margate than chips, cockles, ice-cream, doughnuts, Pina Colada and lobster vindaloo.
- These organisms live in cockles, oysters and other lamellibranchs and they so affect the gonads of these molluscs as to castrate and sterilize their host.
- In the cockles, in Cardium and in Trigonia, it is capable of a sudden stroke, which causes the animal to jump when out of the water, in the latter genus to a FIG.Advertisement
- The annual value of the shell-fish (lobsters, crabs, oysters, mussels, clams, periwinkles, cockles, shrimps) is about £73,000.
- The cod, ling and herring fisheries are important, and the coasts abound with shell-fish, especially cockles, for which it has always been famous.
- Here's a story to warm the cockles of your heart, Scully.
- Larger hand gathered cockles attract higher prices (£ 400 - £ 1000 / t ).
- The islanders go out collecting cockles from the wet sand.Advertisement
- It was not contested that BP had taken the cockles and so this constituted a technical defense.
- Test samples of live cockles, previously taken once a month, are now taken each week from the beds.
- Cooked fresh cockles have a flavor quite unlike those which have been doused in vinegar - a real taste of the sea.