Cochlear-implants sentence example
- About 450 cochlear implants are provided annually in the UK.
- Although they do not restore normal hearing, cochlear implants can provide substantial improvement in speech recognition and production, as well as the ability to hear and identify common sounds such as doorbells.
- As of 2002 about 10,000 American children had cochlear implants.
- Children with cochlear implants have been found to be at an increased risk for bacterial meningitis.
- If the hearing aid cannot improve hearing enough, a physician then performs a physical examination and orders a scan of the inner ear, because some patients with a scarred cochlea are not good candidates for cochlear implants.Advertisement
- With the new approval for using cochlear implants in children as young as 12 months of age, the toddler may not be trained specifically to interpret the sounds in the same way an older child would.
- There is increasing debate about the use of cochlear implants in infants.
- The Parents' Guide to Cochlear Implants.